Signed AUP Agreement!

All students need to get this signed in order to use technology at TOR!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Welcome Parents

Parents: I'd like to welcome you all to Open House night at T.O.R. I'll be going over what is expected of our students in 8th Grade Science. If you ever need to reach me for any reason, please e-mail the address at the top of this page. 


  • Shameless plug for the Titan Challenge October 13th
  • Questions from parents

Students: I will be out of school tomorrow 9/29 and Monday 10/2.

While I am gone I want everyone to make an awesome comic strip for me. Here are the rules:


I want the comic to be an original story that would explain some science to a 2nd or 3rd grader. Topics You can include are:

  • Shadows
  • Timezones
  • Sundials
  • Sun rise & Sunset
  • Day / Night Cycle
  • Seasons & why we have them
  • indirect and direct sunlight
  • Why daylight length changes
  • The tile of Earth's axis
  • Rotation = one day
  • Revolution = one year
Here's a document that can help you plan out and draw your comic strip. EFFORT is the biggest part of your grade on this one. 







No comments:

Post a Comment